Feedback and Customer Service Policies
We strive to do our best for our customers and appreciate your feedback and comments. If you’ve used our products and services to integrate with other applications, or used them in a unique way to better serve your business, we’re happy to learn and share your suggestions with other customers that can also benefit.
Similarly we want to hear from you when you need help figuring something out. Today’s phones have so many useful, often overlooked, features for your home or business. Discover what our phones can do for you with a quick call to one of our customer representatives.
If we have not performed or delivered the services you expect, we especially need to hear from you and try resolve right away. Without your feedback, we cannot correct a concern and improve our service for you and other customers.
Below are our policies and how to contact us with feedback, whether you have a sales question, service suggestion, technical or billing question or concern.
Customer Experience Feedback
For Customer Service, including sales, technical support, billing and general enquiries, please contact us at 604-639-2550.
You may also email us at any of the following:
For Technical Support: email@example.com
Customer Service Office Hours:
9:30am – 5:30pm M-F, excluding statutory holidays
11am – 5pm Sat
Please note we accept messages after hours, or on holidays, and check these messages regularly. For general support or billing questions after hours, these will be responded to the next business day. In the event of an emergency, we use best efforts to respond in as timely a manner as possible.
Although we do our best to ensure the utmost quality, the delivery and quality of our service mostly relies on the quality of the Internet service and network equipment that you use. It may also depend on applications that you use, or whether your computers are free of viruses/ mal-ware that can slow your Internet service’s performance.
To minimize the impact of such issues and deliver the best possible quality, we can recommend Internet services and network equipment for you to use with our services. We can also advise on ways to optimize the performance of your existing network equipment’s firewall and quality of service settings for use with the phones. We will need your feedback to help address a technical problem if it occurs.
Technical Assistance Tips
In many cases, a restart (power off and on) of your Internet modem, router and phone device will clear most problems. If you have not tried the latter, we suggest giving it a try.
Before contacting us with a technical question, we also suggest that you note as much as possible about the problem, providing:
- The nature of the problem and when it started
- Status of your Internet service, i.e., are you able to get on-line using your computer?
- Any recent changes, if any, to your Internet service or network equipment
- The type of Internet plan you’re using
- The network equipment (type of modem, router, switch) that you may use.
- The type of phone set or phone adapter at your location.
- Any error messages in the phone set ‘s display, or change in the LED indicators of phone set or phone adapter.
Having this basic information at hand will help our technicians respond accordingly and more quickly.
For technical support, contact:
If you have any questions concerning billing or dispute a charge, please contact us at 604-639-2550.
Invoices are provided with each purchase of equipment and service. Services are invoiced at the beginning of each service plan’s term, i.e. monthly, quarterly.
- Credit card using AMEX, Visa or MasterCard by calling 604-639-2550.
- Preauthorized, automated, monthly service credit card payments using AMEX, Visa or MasterCard by calling 604-639-2550.
- Interac, in-office payments at Peopleline Telecom Inc., 201 – 2780 Granville St., Vancouver, BC
- On-line payment, Interac e-Transfer via your on-line banking.
You will send the payment to: firstname.lastname@example.org. As part of the Interac e-Transfer, you will also need to provide a security question and answer to us to use to accept the payment. Participating financial institutions include BMO Bank of Montreal, CIBC, RBC Royal Bank, Prospera Credit Union, Scotiabank, TD Canada Trust, Bank of Canada and ING. If you have any questions on how to use the Interac e-Transfer, you can check with your local bank branch or Internet banking support/customer care help line.
- On-line payments, via Pay Pal, www.paypal.com, send money to email@example.com
- Cheque, please make cheques payable to Peopleline Telecom Inc.
Deliver Cheques to:
Peopleline Telecom Inc
201 – 2780 Granville St
Vancouver, BC V6H 3J3
Returns, Cancellations and Refunds
We allow the return of new equipment (phones or adapters) within 15 days of purchase. A refund less a 25% restocking charge will be issued, provided the equipment is returned in good working condition with no physical damage and its complete packaging, including its box, cables and power cords.
Depending on the phone manufacturer’s warranty period, defective phones may be returned after 15 days and exchanged. To qualify for a manufacturer’s warranty exchange, the equipment must be returned with its complete packaging and no physical damage.
For cancelled service plans, the current month of service or the previous months the service was used are non-refundable. This includes time you may have been away and not using the phone. For prepaid services billed quarterly or annually, we will issue a pro-rated refund based on when the service was cancelled and the time remaining on the plan.
Setup charges where applicable are non-refundable. Setup fees include installation, number transfer and search fees, labour or training.
Refunds will be handled when the equipment is returned or service is cancelled. To return or cancel a service, please contact us at 604-639-2550 to arrange. For equipment returns and cancelled services that are eligible for refunds, please ensure you have your receipt available.
If you believe you were billed incorrectly, please contact us so we can remedy. Because our services are cost-effective and do not entail costly long-term contracts, a rare billing problem involves very small sums that can be easily remedied.
To report the problem:
- Please have your invoice, receipt or credit card statement, so we can check the transaction against our records.
- Please then call us at 604-639-2550. In most cases, a billing problem is easy to identify and will be immediately resolved by telephone with one of our representatives.
- You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org, noting that if you send in your enquiry via email, we use best efforts to reply and correct the problem within 48 hours.
- If the customer service team does not resolve your concern, you may escalate your case to Management.
To report a Peopleline related Pay Pal payment problem:
- Please either contact us at 604-639-2550 or email@example.com with the Pay Pal transaction receipt, date it was processed and we will cross-check it against our Pay Pal account.
- We will usually resolve an identifiable problem by crediting back an incorrect Peopleline payment to your Pay Pal account via a telephone call.
- You may also login to your Pay Pal account to create a billing dispute or resolution request. However, a call to our customer service at 604-639-2550 will have a faster resolution.
How to submit a complaint to Management?
Management will only review unresolved disputes that have already been raised with PeopleLine’s Customer Service team.
You can submit your complaint in writing. Outline exactly what happened, including the relevant dates, the names of any employees involved, and any copies of relevant documents. It would also be helpful if you told us what you would like us to do.
All correspondence with our office will be kept confidential.
Once we receive your written complaint, we will do an assessment and reply to you with our finding or proposed solution.
Please send the complaint to:
Russ McDermott, Peopleline Telecom, Inc, 201 – 2780 Granville St., Vancouver, BC, V6H3J3
How long will it take to process my complaint?
We will acknowledge your complaint within 48 hours of its receipt. In most cases, a resolution will be provided within 48 hours, but if additional investigation is required, we will aim to resolve within 10 days of receiving your complaint and all relevant documentation from you.
If we can’t meet this deadline, we will contact you to let you know why additional time is necessary and when you can expect a response.
If you are still not satisfied with the resolution of your case after contacting us and following our escalation processes, the CCTS may be able to assist.
Learn More About CCTS
What is the Commissioner for Complaints for Telecommunications Services (CCTS)
CCTS is an independent agency whose mandate is to resolve complaints of consumers about their telecom and TV services, and complaints of small business customers about their telecom services, free of charge. If you have a complaint about your telephone, wireless, Internet or TV service, you must first try to resolve it directly with your service provider.
If you have done so and have been unable to reach a satisfactory resolution, CCTS may be able to help
you. To learn more about CCTS, you may visit its website at www.ccts-cprst.ca or call toll-free at 1-888-221-
Learn More About CCTS
The CCTS specifies that you must first try resolving any concerns you have with PeopleLine’s service or payments with Peopleline before contacting the CCTS for help. If you have not contacted Peopleline about your concern, PeopleLine is willing to assist you and can be reached at 604-639-2550, firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com.
If PeopleLine is unable to provide a resolution, you may then try CCTS. For the CCTS, go to: www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/complaints/complaint-form
People Line Telecom
201 - 2780 Granville St. Vancouver, BC